Thursday, August 30, 2012

Teenage Dreams

I had those :D. And muhaha, I have started listening to bands which I loved when I have been at the beginning of 20. Oh God, time passes by so fast, can you believe it? I just turned 26 and I feel so Goddamn old xD.

I mean it is already a couple of years ago since I have stopped listening to these bands. Then it is quite weird to think it has been 6/7 years since I started listening to them.

It will get really embarrassing for me I guess, cos I haven't been the cool kid that listened to great musicians as Queen, Jimi Hendrix or Alice Cooper- my love for those I discovered on the way.
But when I started to listen to Rock music, I admit that I started with this band:



I guess it really all started with them. I mean I listened to Rock when it has been played in the radio. My Dad always put different channels from the standard chart-playing ones. And today I am quite glad that he did, cos unconsciously it seems it got stuck in my head.

It continued with these guys:



Not so "not cool" either :)
I loved the Live -Album "Bullet in a bible", especially for "The Riddle" which is in my opinion one of the best rock ballads ever.
I always associate this song with the American Prom night, don't know why but it seemed the perfect song for me when I left school and went to live on my own.
(I didn't really live by myself, I had 2 room mates but I mean when I moved away from my parents)

I remember seeing the song/video on the TV and fell in love with the song on first instance. Today I am really ashamed to admit that I have liked them but in a way they had a big influence on me choosing Finland as a holiday destination.
So in a way with shame and gratefulness I thank them somehow.
I guess the reason why I consider it as a shame is first because of their worse becoming music xD and 2nd because I fought so long in here to get away from the scene to make people see I can handle everyone as an individual person, not as a band or a musician.
But now I think, it doesn't matter anymore. People will always think shit and I decided to not give a fuck about it anymore. This belongs to my past and I have been way too busy the past years to justify for things I don't need to justify myself for. I know who likes me, I know who are the people I care about the most. It doesn't matter anymore if other people narrow their life down to a specific scene. Do as you wish.

Okay, now finally revelation of the band I am talking about:



I loved "Divine Insanity". I played it all-around-the-clock ^____^.
It was about the time when I for the first time in my life wanted to go by plane somewhere and I was so into the singer at that time and I read something about Tampere, same time I started writing to someone living there and that finally brought me to the decision to spend my holidays there.
So yeah, they brought me home, kinda.

I still love the songs from Divine Insanity. Some more, some less. But they played such a big part of my life during that time, I can't leave them out :).

As a lot of people maybe can imagine Lovex brought me to other Finnish bands, too. I started listening to Negative, Private Line, Flinch, Heijaste and Jann Wilde. I , myself, pretty much don't understand why HIM never caught me. I like a couple of songs, but I always have been into other bands more. It didn't put a spell on me, ever. When I moved in with Nadine I started to change my preferences. All these Finnish bands I mentioned before, don't know why but I pretty fast lost interest in them. (except Private Line maybe, they come up from time to time again :) )

Nadine showed me Popeda, Apulanta, Queen, Billy Idol, Alice Cooper and my big Love: 



&
even bigger Love:


W.A.S.P

After that I started to discover as well:



♥ Big Love

And as I read the Heroin Diaries, of course it came as it was supposed to come. I fell in love with Nikki Sixx, so the following band was just a logical result:



Some songs I love, some are more "okay"
But yeah...
I am pretty much sure I missed couple of bands I actually love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment